What is Affiliate Marketing And How To Start Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards a certain percentage of commission for each product bought by the customers who are brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts.
Suitable For :
People who love to talk, write, explain and have the ability to persuade.
Skills Required :
Ability to promote a product online using social media, videos, ads etc.
Time Required For Starting Affiliate Marketing :
Virtually within an hour. You just need to select an online product that pays you a commission when you promote and sell it using your affiliate link.
- Select an online product from the domain in which you are well conversant with. For example, if you are a dietician then select a product related to diet.
There are lots of products available in every domain you just need to find a domain which is suitable for you.
- Places to find products: Clickbank.com, Shareasale.com, Jvzoo.com. These websites have thousands of products listed from multiple domains.
- Choose a product that pays you at least 50% commission on each sale.
- Most product websites handle affiliate link generation and payouts so you don’t need to worry about how you’ll get your commissions.
Just get your custom affiliate link created by the vendor and start promoting it.
- If you want to earn instant money from affiliate marketing try to promote your affiliate link on social sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Digg, StumbleUpon, and Reddit.
How To Monetize :
Monetization is simple, just make more people buy the product through your affiliate link.
Create a Facebook page or Banner ads with the aim of promoting the product.
Tell people how the product will help them to solve their problems.
Improve people’s knowledge about the domain and help them to solve other related problems.
What is affiliate marketing and how it works?
WHAT IS AFFILIATE MARKETING?
An affiliate marketing is an arrangement by which an online marketing or seller company pay commission to a website or affiliate to refer someone to buy a product from their website.
In simple words when a customer buys an online product from any website’s recommendation then the merchant pays a commission to the website is affiliate marketing.
The mostly online seller company like Amazon, Flipkart etc give an option to become an affiliate.
You can simply sign up for the program and get your unique tracking link.
Now, whenever you are writing about their product, you can simply use this special tracking affiliate link to recommend the company’s site.
If your readers buy anything, you will get a commission.
Every affiliate program has a set TOS.
For example, many of them offer a 60-day cookie period, which means that if a visitor uses your special affiliate link to land on the sales page of the site and buys something within the next 60 days, you will be entitled to the sale’s commission.
HOW DOES AFFILIATE MARKETING WORKS?
“This is An Internet-based system where you (as an affiliate) get paid for referring sales or customers to another business”.
If the person does decide to purchase, then the affiliate that sent them to the site earns a commission, which is a percentage of the product’s sale price.
Generally, different sites offer different amount of commission percentage.
Also, in this system, you can have the option of choosing as many products or services from many merchants and you can make money by promoting all products at the same time.
Already there are thousands of online stores and eCommerce sites like Amazon, eBay, Click Bank, Commission Junction, Flipkart, Snap deal have started working on Affiliate Marketing system.
SHOULD I BECOME AN AFFILIATE?
Start-up costs are super low.
To start a regular business where you rent retail space and stock inventory could easily set you back tens of thousands of dollars. As an affiliate, you can get started for the cost of a burger and fries.
You don’t need staff. No more office politics, and no messy payroll handling.
When you get started as an affiliate you can do it all yourself, and when the time comes to grow your business it’s easy to outsource.
You don’t even need a product you simply have to promote products which are already for sale. Whether it’s an eBook about dog training your or a weight loss supplement – there is a product out there that you can sell as an affiliate.
You don’t need any expert knowledge on a subject to sell affiliate products either. If you want to be an affiliate for weight loss products, then you don’t need a PhD in nutrition or exercise.
All you need is an eager-to-learn mindset and the ability to market the right affiliate products to the right people.
Earn passive income. It’s a bit like the money you earn if you buy a house and then rent it out – for as long as you own that house and are renting it out, you earn money.
In a normal job you only get paid once for the work that you do, but as an affiliate you can keep making money from the same work day in, day out.
The opportunity to work your own hours. I’m not saying that you’ll be sitting on a beach drinking Thumps-up and only working an hour a day after your first month as an affiliate.
And you do have the power to work when it suits you and have a more flexible life. You become your own boss.
HOW TO BECOME SUCCESS AFFILIATE?
First of all never tell anything wrong or false to any customer or even any one about the product.
Your aim should not to sell the product anyway, but You should explain the deep description about the product.
You must contain the following topics in your page to become a successful affiliate.
- Clear headline featuring your desired keyword (“product name review” for instance).
- Clear links for where to buy at both the top and bottom of the page.
- A clear recommendation.
- A personal story about how you use the product or why you recommend it.
When I plan to promote a product in my blog,
I use to ask myself the following questions:
- Do I use this product?
- Will, it makes sense to my visitors?
- Will it worth for them to try?
- Do they have an easy buying process?
- Whether they offer best affiliate commission?
HOW TO APPLY FOR AN AFFILIATE?
Just go to the website and sign up for an affiliate, then the website gives You a unique id and a link to promote on your website or blog.
You just have to promote the link on your website and if any reader of your website decides to buy the product then he/she click on the link and buy the product, then you will get the commission of yours in your account.
To start an affiliate marketing business, you must have your own blog on a popular topic which is already getting at least 500 – 750 unique visits daily.
Because you need to have visitors to promote the products. If you having at least 500visitors visiting your blog daily means you can convert one-third of them into customers to buy the products from your website.
HOW WILL THEY PAY YOUR COMMISION?
For getting paid in Affiliate marketing jobs you must need to create an account with them. You can create a free account with Amazon, Commission Junction, Flipkart, Snap deal, eBay some of those I recommend here.
- Login to your profile and access the dashboard to select the products from the list. You may get Banner ad codes or text link Ad codes for the promotion of the affiliate products.
- Copy those codes and paste in your blog or website and start promoting.
- When a visitor visiting your blog might click the link and land on the merchant site and if they bought something, you will get affiliate commission credited in your account immediately.
- Some sites will pay you via PayPal, and some will send you a cheque in your local currency. Payments depend on your location and you should be aware of these things at the time of signup.